by Eva Martinez
(San Antonio, Texas, USA)
If you are seeking inspired design ideas and tips, you have found the right article! If you are a beginner when it comes to interior design, you may feel the pressure and the overwhelming feeling of not knowing what to do. The tips below will help you start your journey down a really fun road:
* Look for innovative ways to add storage and organization to your home. You can use decorative baskets to organize papers and things that tend to invade every room of the house. It is difficult to relax in a home that is disorderly. A well-organized home will give you a sense of peace when you relax after a hard day.
* Whenever undertaking an interior design project, it is wiser to choose pieces that are timeless rather than trendy. Things of the latest fad will be obsolete within a few years so you are better off decorating your room with items that will stand the test of time. This way you won’t have to constantly keep updating your room.
* A great interior-design tip is to put a lot of thought into your lighting situation of your space. What good is a nicely decorated room if the room is barely lit? Make sure you have lighting and windows in the appropriate places so that you can actually see the room’s contents.
* Be considerate of others who live with you. You may feel that you are the most stylish person you know, but remember that other people are going to be in the space very often. Do your best to compromise so that everyone is happy with what the final look will be.
* For rooms with high ceilings, you need to vary the locations of your lights. The fact that the ceilings are so high can weaken the illumination in a room. To counteract that, try using both ceiling lights both and lights that sit ground-level. It will help to create more adequate lighting in the room.
* Fabrics can be used as wall coverings. Instead of using paint or traditional wall paper on a wall, use fabric. This is especially handy in very large rooms. It can reduce the echo sounds in the space and add warmth at the same time. You can find discount fabric retailers online where you can find great deals on trending fabrics.
* When you are choosing the paint to use in your child’s bedroom, consider pastel colors. These colors include yellow, blue, green and different shades of lavender. Pastel colors are great for a child’s room as they are very serene and can help to put your child to bed in the nighttime.
* If you are stuck with a tiny bathroom, a good interior design trick is to install mirrors! Place a large one directly over the sink and scatter smaller, decorative ones throughout the room. They will offer the appearance of the bathroom being much larger than it actually is and add a touch of class as well.
* Children’s bathrooms should be fun spaces that are full of color and design. Consider implementing a favorite television or cartoon character into the design of the space with the use of a shower curtain, towels and removable wall stickers. This is a fun way to customize the space in a way that can easily be changed in the future.
* When you’re considering lighting for your room, try to use as much natural light as possible. Natural light can leave you in a much better mood than the light from a lamp. Utilize windows and skylights whenever possible. Not only will it improve your mood; it’ll save you money on your electric bill.
* Whenever you’re overhauling the decor in a room, take the time to replace ordinary on-off light switches with dimmer switches. These give you much greater control over a room’s lighting. Dimmer switches will let you give a room a variety of different looks without changing a thing about it. They also make a small but definitely positive difference in the resale value of your home!
* Every room needs a focal point. A focal point adds a highlight to any space and serves as the basis for all other design decisions in the room. Any other features, furnishings and accent pieces in the room should draw attention or enhance the focal point, not compete with it in any way.
* Determining how much space you have is crucial to a successful home design project. Map out the rooms you are going to be designing and record the heights and widths of your windows, doors, light switches, heaters, etc. Always use graph paper so that your drawings are accurate. Measure your furniture and draw an outline of each piece. Doing these things helps ensure a greater chance of success.
* If you love the look of nature and are trying to be greener with your interior design, consider woven wood shades in the bedroom. They are made from renewable sources like bamboo and rattan and offer a very cozy look that easily coordinates with any decorative style and color.
* Look at the furniture you have on your home and find a combination of colors and furniture that fits well together. You want to have furniture colors that compliment each other, as well as the colors around your home. Avoid picking colors that aren’t related, because this can look like you don’t know style.
Interior design is only as complicated as you let it get. If you are willing to learn and take the time to let fresh ideas sink in, you will easily see your success. The tips in the article above were all tried and true by many before you, and can easily work in your favor too.
… for any questions, concerns or problems on a remodeling or landscaping project, just click the carpenter’s pencil above. We’ll get back to you within 48 hours with solutions or advice on where to get solutions.
We never charge for help or advice!.