In many cases, an outstanding master bedroom can be the thing that tips the scales in your favor when perspective buyers are looking at your home.
With the right master bedroom plans, you’ll increase the likelihood of selling and you’ll also increase the home’s value as well. Here are a few smart and frugal remodeling tips you can use to remodel your master bedroom with the best results. And, the best results are selling your home for more money faster.
Frugal Master Bedroom Plans:
The good news is that you don’t have to spend a huge amount of money. You can find simple ways to improve your master bedroom without having to break the bank. Here are a few ideas to consider.
• PAINT – Simply adding a new coat of paint can absolutely transform the entire room. Paint is reasonably priced as well, which makes it a great choice. In fact, if you’ll check out the returns table at the paint department in your local big box home improvement store, you’ll see gallons of returned paint for really cheap. Sometimes $5 or less! These are colors or types (flat, semi-gloss, etc.) that somebody goofed on. Their mistake, your advantage. These are especially useful sometimes for an “accent” wall.
• AREA RUGS – Adding an area rug can improve the “warm fuzziness” of your master bedroom. It can create some softness and depth and also helps muffle noise, which is especially nice if you have wood floors. Simple colors, not too busy and non-slip undersides.
• DIRECT & INDIRECT LIGHTING – The right lighting can make a huge difference in your master bedroom. Lighting options that create warmth within the room on a dimmer switch, directional canned lights, wall sconces and indirect lighting (washing a wall or ceiling) add a romantic dimension.
• FABRICS – Fabric can be used in many ways throughout the room when you’re implementing your master bedroom plans. Fabrics have two properties; color and texture. While matching all the fabrics isn’t always a good idea, coordinatingthem is.
• USED THINGS – You can find great decorations, fabrics, picture frames, and more by looking at online auctions, going to yard sales, or even consignment shops. You won’t spend much and you’ll probably find great items that will add to the décor. Second hand and thrift shops are great places to pick up accents.
Planning Your Master Bedroom Design:
As you’re thinking about your master bedroom plans, don’t forget the most important thing – simplicity. At the end of the day, your master bedroomshould be open and inviting. De-clutter and de-personalize. You want to create a room that potential buyers will love, no matter what their personal style is. The master bedroom is an important room for prospective buyers.
Keep it simple, Simon. Clear out everything that may distract from the point of why you’re doing this … namely to sell your home. Keep the “60-30-10 rule” in mind: 60% primary color (neutrals, whites, creams), 30% secondary color (bed, area rugs, carpet) and 10% accent color (throw pillows, “wild” painted wall, trim).
Don’t forget about “harmony” as you’re creating your master bedroom plans. Consider bringing together the room with some ambient and accent lighting, use repetition of colors and/or shapes and choose textures that repeat throughout. For more ideas, click bedroom decorating ideas.
What home remodeling or improvements information are you looking for?. Try a local BING search of our site for your answers. The search box is in the right column, just enter your search term & CLICK!.
… for any questions, concerns or problems on a remodeling or landscaping project, just click the carpenter’s pencil above. We’ll get back to you within 48 hours with solutions or advice on where to get solutions.
We never charge for help or advice!.